- Follow Shy Girl Talking on WordPress.com
CATEGORIESaffirmation aging beauty boundaries comfort comfort food comfort zone encouragement family generations gratitude happiness home inner child inner peace inspiration kindness life lessons marriage old age pandemic peace of mind racial justice recipes sharing simple pleasures solace stress travel wonder
- A Year’s Worth of Comforts & Joys October 28, 2022
- Six Passover Stories (plus a prologue) April 14, 2022
- The Gift of Good Days August 30, 2020
- “See their faces. Say their names.” DOWNLOADABLE POSTER July 30, 2020
- See their faces. Say their names. July 11, 2020
- A Protest Song in the Time of Pandemic May 19, 2020
- Still Life With Bleach April 5, 2020
- Small Things Considered March 19, 2020
- Up on the Roof July 28, 2018
- Dear People: World War II Letters From My Dad October 24, 2017
Rockin’ the Purple
This entry was posted in affirmation, aging, beauty, comfort zone, encouragement, home, marriage and tagged #affirmation, #comfortzone, #gettingolder, #hair, #home, #purple. Bookmark the permalink.
This is so funny and delightful and wonderful! Yes! So great!
Thank you! What a gift!
Thank you SO much, Patty! It’s been months – MONTHS! – since the blog muse paid me a visit. But, as I’m sure you know, inspiration takes is own time and can arise from surprising sources – and this experience has yielded some unexpected delights. Cheers– s.
months, my goodness, whenever and whatever you do is beautiful!
You’re too kind! Thanks so much!
Hi. Your story made me laugh and brighten my day. Mmn. Maybe I’ll go get some purple dye. I read your review of tales of their lives – I have a piece in it – then followed the link to your blog. Anyway hace a good Christmas any new year. Caroline
Thank you so much, Caroline! Congratulations on your story! It was an honor to have the chance to comment on the collection. Happy Holidays & Cheers for the New Year! Susie
Susan! I absolutely love this! It made me smile from deep within because everything you said is so true! It definitely brought light into my life not only because purple happens to be my favorite color but because you smile so wonderfully every time someone asks or comments on your hair. That smile and sincere appreciation is what leaves a lasting memory. You are a light within reflected, currently, by your amazing and spontaneous hair color. I adore it! Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much for your warm & encouraging comments!